Bring fall mood in your kitchen: bake this apple and pear crumb cake and enjoy this beautiful season!
My fruit basket was full of apples and some very ripe pears, so I had to gave them a new life. I decided to bake a cozy cinnamon-y crumb cake from these fruits. Also, it’s time for autumn sweets and desserts, and this apple pear crumb cake is the perfect one. These spicy apple and pear crumb slices are wonderful treat for the season. So, don’t forget to add this delicious crumb recipe to your fall baking list!
Apple is my favorite fruit to bake with, I love apple pies, apple crumbs and almost anything with apple in it. People usually pair apple wit cinnamon, but trust me adding some sweet pear just intensifies the deliciousness.
These crumble slices have a great combination of flavors and a nice crunchy topping, perfect with a cup of coffee on cold and rainy fall days.
This apple and pear crumb cake has three layers: a simple butter crust, an apple and pear filling, and a crumb topping. First prepare the crust, let it cool a little, then pre-bake for 10 minutes. Prepare the filling by mixing the chopped fruits with cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, sugar and flour. Place the filling on the crust, then top the cake with the oat crumbles. Bake the cake for 30 minutes and enjoy the lovely aroma in your kitchen while you’re baking. :)
This apple and pear crumb is a scrumptious cake for rainy fall days. Looking at the cold temperature what the weather forecast says, this is what your weekend needs! Happy baking!
- ¼ cup | 60 g butter
- 2 tbsp | 25 g sugar
- ⅔ cup | 90 g all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 large apple
- 1 large pear
- 1 tablespoon sugar (+1/2 tbsp if your fruits are not very ripe)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon flour
- ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2½ tbsp | 40 g butter (cold)
- Whisk the butter and sugar until well combined, then stir in the flour and a pinch of salt.
- Place the crust batter into the fridge for 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C | 300°F. Line a small baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Wash, peel and core the apple and pear. Chop them into small pieces. Place the fruits in a bowl, add the flour, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon and gently mix them together.
- Remove the crust from the fridge. Press it into the prepared baking dish, flatten and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mix together the oat, sugar, flour and cinnamon, then add the vanilla. Using both hands crumble the cold butter and combine it with the flour. Incorporate all of the butter and you will get a crumbly dough. Chill topping in the freezer until needed.
- Remove the crust from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly. Adjust the oven to 170°C | 340°F.
- Spread evenly the apple pear filling over the crust. Crumble or grate the oat mixture over the top of the fruits.
- Bake the crumb cake for 30 minutes, until the crumble is golden.
- Cool completely and serve into squares.
Recommended products for this recipe:
(This post contains affiliate links)
Pin it for later!
Looking for other cake recipes? Check these out!
Cottage Cheese Strawberry Jam Slab Pie
Christmas linzer cookies with strawberry jam