Paleo, low-carb, gluten-free, dairy-free zucchini noodles with crispy bacon in a delicious lemon garlic avocado cream – a healthy dinner ready in 15 minutes
Looking for a quick and easy weekday recipe? Here’s a good one! Save it, it will come in handy when you lack of time and you have to find a recipe and prepare it in less than half an hour. When I “invented” this recipe I was sure I’ll prepare spiralized zucchini noodles and some kind of avocado cream, but it felt like something is missing, so I added some crispy fried bacon to my dish and then I realized it’s perfect! This avocado zoodle is creamy, filling, very delicious and not at least is healthy! This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb and paleo. Besides the super flavors, you can get vitamins from zucchini and healthy fats from avocado.
This quick and easy dinner recipe requires just 7 ingredients to make, nothing fancy, just simple and delicious ingredients from your fridge. To make the avocado sauce you’ll need: avocado, fresh basil leaves, garlic and a lemon. Throw one ripe avocado, some basil leaves, one garlic clove and lemon juice into the food processor and blend until you get a smooth and creamy sauce, finish it by adding salt and pepper to taste.
The best and easiest way to make zucchini noodles is to use a vegetable spiralizer. If you don’t have a spiralizer you can prepare these healthy noodles using a vegetable peeler or simply cut the zucchini into strips using a sharp knife. Check out my shop page where you can find a great kitchen tool called Multifunctional Manual Vegetable Slicer, which is also perfect to transform veggies and fruits into slices and noodles, also this great slicer can be used as a grinder and a grater as well. Useful isn’t it?
Sauté the zoodles on the stove for a few minutes before serving, to get some pasta-like, not soggy but still crunchy zucchini spaghetti. If you find this time consuming, simply just cook the zoodles in a microwave oven for 1-2 minutes or serve them raw. Combine the avocado sauce with the zoodles and top your dish with fried bacon pieces. If you desire serve your avocado pasta with grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Diet: paleo, low-carb, gluten-free, dairy-free, clean eating
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ lemon's juice
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves
- black pepper
- sea salt
- 3-4 bacon slices
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil | olive oil
- Place the avocado, garlic and basil leaves into a food processor. Process until well combined and creamy, then add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry them as you like.
- Using a spiralizer prepare the zucchini noodles. In skillet heat 1 teaspoon olive oil/coconut oil, add the zoodles and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until the zucchini is not raw, but not soggy yet. (or cook the zoodles into microwave oven for 1-2 minutes or serve it raw.)
- Toss the zucchini noodles with the avocado sauce until well coated then top with bacon.
Recommended products for this recipe:
Pin it for later!