Baked chicken drumsticks marinated in a spicy paprika, garlic and Sriracha marinade – an easy, crumbly and spicy chicken dinner recipe
I love to marinate chicken drumsticks into new and exciting marinades. I’ve tried several sauces and marinades before I experimented this spicy chilli-based, garlicky marinade made with Sriracha sauce, which has become one of our favourite ways to eat chicken drumsticks. This easy spicy marinade produces so much flavor and keeps the chicken soft and outrageously delicious.
The preparation of the marinade is super easy and you’ll need just six ingredients to prepare this spicy sauce. Whisk together the olive oil, crushed garlic, paprika, salt and black pepper, then add the Sriracha sauce, that’s it. The marinade is ready to be poured on the chicken drumsticks.
Pour the marinade into a large zip top bag over the chicken legs. Remove the air from the bag and seal it, carefully shake it to make sure the chicken is well coated with the marinade. You can also use a large sealable food storage container.
Place the closed bag or into the fridge for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight, so the chicken will have plenty of time to soak up all the tasty goodness. The longer you marinate the better, but don’t worry if you don’t have a lot of time, the chicken will be deliciously good.
When the chicken has marinated enough, place the drumsticks into a baking pan, if there’s any leftover marinade, just pour it on the top of the meat. For some extra flavour, place a couple of whole garlic cloves on the chicken, if you desire. Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil and place it into the oven. Then just bake the marinated chicken legs as long time as you always do, then remove the foil and roast it for 10-15 minutes. I usually bake the chicken drumsticks and thighs for one hour before removing the foil, because my other half likes the chicken almost overcooked. :)
This hot marinade will infuse the chicken drumsticks with tasty flavor and will soften them to be crumbly and super delicious. Sound awesome, right? Spice up your boring chicken legs with this spicy garlicky marinade, you won’t regret it!
Diet: low-carb, clean eating, gluten-free, dairy-free
- 4 chicken drumsticks (with or without skin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a cup whisk together the olive oil, paprika, salt, black pepper and crushed garlic, then add 1-2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce, depending how hot and spicy you like your meat. (I added 1½ tsp sauce and the chicken was not overly hot).
- Wash and trim the chicken drumsticks and place them into a zip top bag or food container. Pour the marinade over the chicken, remove the air from the bag and close securely. Carefully shake the bag to coat well the chicken.
- Marinade the chicken for at leat 3 hours and up to 24 hours into the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C | 400 ℉, lightly grease a baking pan.
- Place the marinated drumsticks into the pan, pour the leftover marinade if there's any, add more garlic if you desire and cover the pan with a foil.
- Bake the chicken for 50-60 minutes, then remove the foil and roast for another 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with salad.
Recommended products for this recipe:
Pin it for later!