Baked chicken breasts marinated in spicy garlicky Greek yogurt – a moist, crumbly and delicious skinny yogurt chicken dinner baked in 30 minutes
We eat a lot of chicken breast for dinner, at least 3-4 times a week (I think we are not the only ones). Preparing chicken breast is easy, simple and fast, but after a while it can be boring. To get something more special than the ordinary seasoned chicken, I marinated the breast fillets in a spicy Greek yogurt mixture. After baking the marinated chicken you’ll get some moist and crumbly meat which isn’t dry at all.
The marinade is ready in seconds, just stir together the seasons and the Greek yogurt. In this marinade I used salt, black pepper, paprika, thyme, oregano, cumin and garlic. In a zip top bag or lunch box coat well the chicken breast with the seasoned yogurt and refrigerate it for an hour or even overnight.
Leave the chicken breast in the marinade to absorb the flavours for at least 45 minutes. Then place the white coated breast fillets into a prepared baking dish and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, turning them once. If you have the opportunity you can grill the marinated chicken indoor or outdoor as well, you’ll get some amazingly flavourful meat.
I served the chicken with roasted parmesan brussels sprouts, roasted sweet potatoes and fresh cucumber salad. Sounds delicious and healthy isn’t it?
Theses chicken breasts are light, moist and packed with flavour. And are HEALTHY as well! These baked yogurt chicken are low-carb, gluten-free, clean and low in calories. Why not try these skinny Greek yogurt chicken breast today?
Diet: low carb, clean eating, gluten free, sugar free
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- First prepare the marinade: in a large bowl combine the yogurt with the thyme, oregano, cumin, paprika, minced garlic, salt and pepper to taste, stir them until well combined.
- Slice the chicken breast fillets lengthwise and stir them with the yogurt marinade to coat evenly.
- Place the marinated chicken breasts into a zip top bag, lunch box or in a covered bowl and refrigerate them for an hour (up to overnight).
- Preheat the oven to 190℃ | 375 ℉. Lightly grease a baking pan with olive oil or baking spray.
- Remove the chicken breast from the marinade and shake off the excess yogurt.
- Place the breast fillets in the baking dish and bake for 30- 35 minutes, turning them once.
- OR grill the yogurt chicken for 10-15 minutes, turning them frequently.
- Serve immediately.
Recommended products for this recipe:
Pin it for later!