This is the first bread I’ve ever baked. I was planning it for a long time, but I haven’t even had a loaf pan. So I just bought myself a nice little loaf pan at weekend and it was the time to try it. Of course my first bread was a zucchini bread! I was looking for a great zucchini bread recipe when I found this recipe, which was my inspiration.
So my very first homemade bread was a sweet and delicious bread, loaded with zucchini and blueberries, also with a great taste of cinnamon. This is a great recipe to bake a special fruity bread using your zucchini which is sleeping in your fridge for days.
This tender and flavorful bread recipe is simple and easy, it has common ingredients which you can find in your fridge and kitchen cabinet. Let’s see what you’ll need for this great sweet bread: all purpose flour, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, egg, oil, lemon juice, zucchini, blueberry and a pinch of salt.
The preparation of this bread is easy: mix together the eggs with the sugar, vanilla, oil, shredded zucchini, baking soda and lemon juice. In a separate bowl mix the remaining ingredients. Carefully add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, combine them, fold in the blueberries. Pour the batter to into the prepared loaf thin and it’s ready to go into the preheated oven. Not so complicated, isn’t it?
Bake the bread for about one hour. Let the bread cool in it’s pan, then remove onto a wire rack and cool it, before slicing. The bread is easily sliceable, serve it plain or top with butter, cheese cream or jam. The bread tastes great in the next day as well. Store the bread covered with a clean cloth to save the moist.
This bread is moist and tender, thanks to the zucchini, but if it’s too mushy, it cannot be removed from the pan and is difficult to slice. To prevent the bread to become soggy, squeeze the zucchini (no totally), to get rid of the excess of liquid before folding into the batter.
In my recipe I used a standard sized loaf pan (25cm x 12.5cm / 9 x 5 inch). The amount of the ingredients are measured for one bread prepared in one loaf pan. If you want to bake more than one breads, please don’t forget to multiply the quantity of the ingredients. I recommend to bake more than one loaf, because this zucchini bread will disappear fast!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (1 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup or more fresh or frozen blueberry
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/ 320°F. Grease well one loaf-pan.
- Grate the unpeeled zucchini using a cheese grater, set it aside in a strainer.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, add the sugar when the eggs are well whisked. Add the oil and vanilla extract and whisk all together. Fold in the squeezed shredded zucchini. Finally add 1 teaspoon baking soda, pour 1 teaspoon lemon juice right on the baking soda and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients in batches to the wet ingredients, whisk to combine.
- Gently fold in the washed blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake the zucchini bread 50-60 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the center of the bread, when it comes out clean, the bread is ready.
- Remove form the oven, cool 15 minutes in pan, then turn it out onto a wire rack to continue cooling.
Recommended products for this recipe:
Pin it for later!