Breaded fried zucchini are delicious by themselves, including cheese to breading makes the fried veggies more palatable. These breaded fried zucchini disks are perfect for an easy vegetarian main dish.
For this easy lunch, all you need are eggs, flour, breadcrumbs, cheese, oil and, of course, the C-vitamin full courgette.
All you have to do is to dip the peeled zucchini slices into the flour, then into the beaten eggs, coat each side with the breadcrumbs – cheese mixture and finally drop them in hot oil. Fry the zucchini disks in 15 minutes.
The fried zucchini disks are ready in 30 minutes, are perfectly delicious warm and cool, served with rice, mashed potato, salad or any side dish you prefer. Spring your body needs more vitamins, so let’s prepare for side dish a healthy salad.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 eggs
- 100 g flour
- 150 g breadcrumb
- 150 g grated cheese
- Peel the washed zucchinis, then slice them in 1 cm / 0,4 inches thin slices.
- Season the zucchini slices with salt on both sides put them aside while preparing the other ingredients.
- Put the flour in a bowl.
- In a deep bowl beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the half of the grated cheese to the eggs.
- In a third bowl mix the breadcrumbs with the rest of the cheese.
- First dip each zucchini disks in the flour, then shake off the excess. Next, run the disks through the egg to coat it lightly and hold it over the liquid to let any excess fall back into the bowl. Finally, lay the zucchini in the breadcrumb and cheese mixture. Make sure the zucchini disks are covered with breading everywhere.
- Place the breaded zucchini disks in hot oil and fry them for 15 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
Pin it for later!