Easy, silky, very green cream soup made with broccoli and zucchini
Cook your favorite green veggies in an amazing creamy soup and let the soup warm you up in cold November days!
If you like cream soups, you’ll love this recipe. Broccoli and zucchini are just perfect together. This super delicious soup is not just amazingly creamy and silky, it’s also healthy, gluten free and low-carb. Eat this tasty broccoli and zucchini soup for as starter to any comfort food or serve with bread as a vegetarian meal.
Only six ingredients you’ll need to cook this tasty soup: broccoli, zucchini, garlic, cream (heavy, single or even sour), seasoning and water. For seasoning use salt, pepper, thyme and basil; instead of water, you can prepare the soup with vegetable or chicken stock, but the soup works fine with just water as well, the flavor of zucchini and broccoli is so intense you won’t miss any other ingredients.
First sauté the veggies on olive oil, then cook them, when the veggies are tender, use an immersion blender to puree the soup, add the cream and bring it back to boil, and it’s done. The soup is ready to be served in less than 35 minutes. Serve the soup warm with grated cheese (Parmesan, Cheddar or any other cheese) and let the cheese melt in stoup.
This warm creamy comfort soup is a perfect dinner for busy week nights, it’s easy to prepare, it’s ready in half hour and it’s super delicious. We love this soup, it’s a good meal to eat after a long day, it’s so simple to make and it’s also flavorful and healthy. Do you need more reasons to give this recipe a try? :)
Diet: vegetarian, gluten free, sugar free, clean eating, low-carb
- 2 small or 1½ zucchini
- 1 medium broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon basil
- grated cheese for serving
- Wash the broccoli and chop it into florets.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan, sauté the chopped garlic for 1 minutes on medium heat, then add the broccoli florets.
- While the broccoli is cooking, wash and chop the zucchini into little chunks, then add to sauté. Stir the veggies and sauté them for 2-3 minutes, then pour water or vegetable stock to cover the veggies (about 1 liter).
- Season the soup with salt, pepper, basil and thyme and bring to the boil covered with lid.
- Cook the soup for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are soft, then use immersion blender to blend it, until smooth. Pour one cup heavy or single cream to soup and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until starts to boil.
- Serve the soup warm with grated cheese (Parmesan or Cheddar).
Pin it for later!