Very cheesy triangles made from soft homemade dough with an amazing double cheese filling, plus they have sesame seeds and grated cheese on top. These little salty snacks make perfect party food that everyone will find irresistible. Also, they are easy and simple to prepare from scratch in just one hour.
Hey carb lovers, here’s a new recipe for your cheat-days. I made these incredibly good cheesy pastries for my fiance’s birthday. He is such a huge salty cheesy snack lover, so am I, unfortunately we cannot eat these kind of snacks just on special occasions. Yesterday was one of that occasions when carbs are allowed: my other-half’s 33rd birthday.
These cheesy triangles are easy and simple to prepare even from scratch. The soft kneaded dough requires just 5 ingredients: all-purpose flour, olive oil, salt, active dry yeast and milk. After activating the yeast in the milk, mix it together with the flour and oil, knead it until becomes a soft and elastic dough. That’s all! It’s super easy, I don’t even know why people are afraid of making homemade dough. This dough is basically a simple bread or pizza dough, and it can be filled or topped with anything you like, even with chocolate. You can bake the filled dough in form of rolls, knots, bites, triangles, roll-ups or pinheads. Your possibilities are limitless.
My little triangles are filled with a yummy double cheese mixture. Stir together two egg yolks, one tablespoon butter, two tablespoons cream cheese and about quarter cup of your favorite grated cheese. Spread out the mixture on the rolled-out dough, then roll up tightly and cut the roll into 8-10 pieces (try not to lose any filling out the edges). Brush the top of the triangles with the remaining egg white and sprinkle each with sesame seed and grated cheese. After resting for 20 minutes, bake the pastries for 10 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
These cheesy triangles are absolutely made straight from scratch, but as you can see they are very easy and simple to prepare. Compared to other knead dough pastries, these can be prepared relatively quick: there’s no need to wait hours for the dough to rise, just set aside the unbaked triangles for 30 minutes, then just pop them into the preheated oven. In about one hour you can prepare two batches of soft, very cheesy snack, which are way better then any store bought party food. Your guest will agree with me! ;)
These cheesy triangles make super delicious party snacks, appetizers or bring them along as picnic food or put them into kids’ lunch box. The buttery, salty, cheesy filling makes these soft snacks absolutely irresistible for everyone.
- 1 cup | 250 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast (1 sachet)
- 3⅔ cups | 400 g flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon butter (room temperature)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- On the top:
- 1 egg white (from the remaining egg)
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated cheese
- Heat a cup of milk in microwave oven for 30 seconds, until is lukewarm, then stir in the dry yeast. Set aside until froth forms on top.
- Stiff the flour in a bowl, add the salt, then pour in the milk and mix them together. When all starts to come together add the olive oil (add a 1-2 drop more if it's necessary) and start to knead. The dough should be smooth, springy and elastic. Form a ball, cover your dough and set aside for 5 minutes, until you prepare the filling.
- Stir together the egg yolk, butter and cream cheese, until the mixture is smooth, then stir in the grated cheese. Add a little pinch of salt if you desire.
- Remove half of the dough on a flour-dusted surface, knead it a little, then using a rolling pin roll out the dough into a 0.5 cm/0.2" thick square. Spread half of the filling on the dough, then roll it up tightly and cut into even triangles.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and transfer the triangles on it. Brush each triangle with the egg white, sprinkle them with sesame seeds and grated cheese. Set aside for 20 minutes before popping them into the oven. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C /360 °F.
- Bake the cheesy triangles for 10-11 minutes until golden brown, then remove them from the oven and allow 5 minutes to cool slightly before serving them.
Pin it for later!
Looking for similar snack recipes? Check these out!