Today I show you a great dinner recipe, which is easy and simple to make, it’s ready in 30 minutes and is delicious as well. Let’s see how to prepare cheesy zucchini fritters!
These lovely fritters are made of grated zucchini, sliced spring onion and bell pepper, flour, egg, spices and our big favourite FETA cheese. After every vegetable is grated or sliced, just stir together all the ingredients, then scoop them into preheated oiled skillet, cook them, flip them, cook again, then serve them. That’s it!
The taste of zucchini fritters is amazing, you can feel the crumbled feta among the zucchini, all into a soft fried pancake. These savoury veggie fritters make a perfect combination with garlicky sour cream or you can serve them with your favourite dip or sauce.
In the recipe below you can find the garlic sour cream dip recipe as well. This mixture is a great dip, we like it very much with fried or baked meat, fries and savoury pastries. So trust me, feta-cheesy zucchini fritters with garlicky sour cream is a perfect combination.
These cheesy zucchini fritters are perfect for a light vegetarian weeknight dinner, breakfast or even for snacks, they are tasty warm and also chilled (if any remain, but honestly I don’t think so – our fritters were gone in 10 minutes).
Diet: vegetarian, sugar-free
- 2 medium zucchini
- 100 g feta cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ bell pepper
- 2 spring (green) onion
- 6 tablespoon (50 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- for garlic sour cream dip
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons sour cream
- Grate the unpeeled zucchini on
a cheese grater'slarge holes then transfer it ina colander. Season with salt, combine it and let it sit 3 minutes, then squeeze out the juice with your hands and let it stand until you prepared the other ingredients.
- Slice thin the spring onions and cut into little chunks a half bell pepper.
- In a small bowl beat lightly 2 eggs.
- Squeeze out the grated zucchini again, drain it completely to avoid the fritters to become soggy, then transfer it
intoa large bowl.
- Add the sliced onion and bell pepper, the beaten eggs, flour to the zucchini. Crumble the feta cheese into the bowl. Combine the ingredients with a pinch of salt, pepper and add the parsley and thyme.
- In a large skillet preheat 1 tablespoon olive oil. When the oil is hot, scoop one tablespoon batter for each fritter, press them lightly to become flat. Cook the fritters over medium heat for 3-4 minutes
whenbecome golden brown flip them and cook them for another 3-4 minutes.
- When the zucchini fritters are cooked thoroughly, transfer them
- Keep the skillet oiled and repeat cooking the fritters.
- While the fritters are cooking, prepare the garlic sour cream. Crush 2 cloves of garlic in a small bowl, mix it with 2-3 tablespoon sour cream and season it with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve the cheesy zucchini fritters immediately with the sour cream dip.
Pin it for later!