Our Easter menu was full of zucchini, we had chicken bake with zucchini and vegetables, zucchini chocolate cake, zucchini appetizer and, of course, Easter eggs. I wanted to write the recipes before Easter for you guys, to have some Easter menu inspiration, but unfortunately, I hadn’t had time for it. Finally, spring has arrived in our town as well, so we took the opportunity to go on a trip, we’ve visited the breathtaking Jurrasic Coast. But the recipes are here now, these may be perfect for family dinners, special occasions or maybe next year’s Easter party. :)
Our Easter table looked like this:
My Easter main dish was one pot chicken bake with vegetables. For this amazing main dish, I used simple ingredients which taste so good together and always make a good combination: chicken thighs, potato, carrot, zucchini and onion.
This great baked dish is easy to prepare, just put all the ingredients in a large baking pan, cover it with a foil and put into the preheated oven. The veggies and the chicken will cook tender under the foil, the flavors will be perfectly combined. For a better result, remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
This recipe is great, it takes 10-15 minutes to prepare, but after putting the meal in the oven, you don’t even have to look at it for an hour, plus you’ll have just two dishes to clean: one in which prepare the ingredients and another one in which bake them.
Hope you will like this simple and delicious one dish juicy chicken bake with vegetables. Feel free to change or add other vegetables as you wish. Enjoy!
Diet: gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free
- 4-6 chicken thighs with skin on it
- 6-7 large potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 large red onion
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Wash the chicken thighs under running cold water, dry it with paper towel and put them in a large bowl. Scrub the thighs with salt, black pepper and paprika to taste, besprinkle with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Peel the carrots and potatoes, wash them. Cut the potatoes into small chunks, slice the carrots into thick slices. Cut the unpeeled zucchini into small pieces. Put the vegetable in the bowl next to the chicken and mix them together, until veggies are coated with the spiced oil. Add more oil or salt if is necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 375°F. Grease a large baking pan with oil.
- Cut a large red onion into thick slices and place them on the bottom of the pan.
- Put the vegetables into the pan and place the chicken thighs on top of the veggies. Pour the oil from the bowl on the veggies and chicken and sprinkle them with oregano.
- Cover the pan with a foil and toss it into the oven.
- Bake the dish for 60-70 minute, until the chicken and potatoes are tender and can be easily pierced, then remove the foil and place them back to the oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes, until the thighs and veggies are browned up as you like.
- Serve the chicken bake immediately with your favorite salad.
Pin it for later!
P.S. I couldn’t resist to not to show you the beautiful Durdle Door, the famous limestone arch at Jurassic Coast.