Delish chicken drumsticks cooked in wine served with a creamy zucchini mascarpone sauce over tagliatelle – a divine dinner for special occasions.
We love chicken drumsticks cooked, fried, baked and in every single way is prepared. We also love zucchini, that’s obvious. Wine braised chicken with an amazing zucchini mascarpone sauce cannot be a bad variation.
The ingredients of this unique recipe are: chicken drumsticks or chicken tights, zucchini, mascarpone, onion, garlic, parsley, basil, butter, red wine and pasta. I served this delicious dish with fettuccine, but any kind of pasta goes well. I used my favorite sweet red wine because I thought the rest of it would be great for an evening wine drinking. :)
The chicken drumsticks are fried, then cooked in red wine, so trust me, are really delicious. Next to fried drumsticks let’s prepare a tasty mascarpone zucchini sauce. Just simmer the zucchini slices with onion and garlic, then cook it with the mascarpone. Seasoning the zucchini with fresh parsley and basil makes this sauce more amazing. Serve the chicken and the veggie-sauce with pasta.
This creamy zucchini pasta with the wine braised chicken drumsticks makes this meal special and surprisingly delicious. Prepare it and enjoy the harmony of the flavors.
- 4-6 chicken drumsticks
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 300 g mascarpone
- 1½ tablespoon butter
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 ml red wine
- ½ teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon freshly chopped basil
- a pinch of sugar
- 400 g pasta
- Wash the chicken drumsticks, wipe them dry, rub them with salt, pepper and paprika, then put them aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a pan, when it's hot add the drumsticks and fry them on maximum heat for 7-8 minutes on each side. Reduce the heat, pour the wine and cook it covered for 30-40 minutes.
- While the chicken thighs are cooking, let's prepare the zucchini mascarpone sauce.
- Slice the washed zucchinis into 2,5 cm / 1-inch thin slices.
- In a large pan heat the butter and one tablespoon olive oil, chop the onion and simmer it for 3-4 minutes. Add the zucchini slices, sprinkle it with sugar, season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir well the zucchini slices with the onion, cook it for 3-4 minutes, then spoon by spoon add the mascarpone, stirring continuously. Fold in the crushed garlic. Cook the sauce covered until the zucchini is almost completely tender. The zucchini is better if it's a little crunchy.
- When the zucchini mascarpone sauce is ready, sprinkle it with freshly chopped parsley and basil.
- While the zucchini and the drumsticks are cooking, cook the pasta in salted water according to package instructions.
- Serve the baked chicken drumsticks with the zucchini mascarpone sauce on top of the pasta.
Recommended products for this recipe:
Pin it for later!