Finally it’s grilling time! This is the best part of the year, you can grill and bbq all kind of tasty meats and vegetables wile enjoying the warm weather and a cool drink. Yeah, that’s my dream-weekend, which is not so often in the UK. This weekend after I prepared all the kabob ingredients, it started to rain, so I had to grill my chicken kabobs in the oven. Grilling the kabobs in the oven it’s easy, but needs more time. The result is the same, it’s flavorful and amazingly delicious.
In this recipe I used chicken breast fillets, zucchini, mushrooms, tomato, bell pepper and onion – for the best result use as much vegetable you could/like. I prepared a great marinade for our taste, I mixed oil, crushed garlic, soy sauce, ketchup, paprika cream, salt, black pepper and paprika – the ketchup and the paprika cream is optional. We love this marinade, I’m using it in almost every grilled meat recipe.
Marinade the chicken breast chunks at least one hour and up to 24 hours. Before threading the vegetables on skewers, marinate them for one hour. For an easier and less messier result, put the marinade, the meat and the veggies in zip lock bag and place them in the fridge.
When the grill is prepared / or the oven is preheated, arrange the veggies and the meat on wooden skewers alternating them as you like. Place the kabobs on grill, cook them for 5-6 minutes, then flip. If you grill these tasty chicken kabobs in the oven, just place them on the oven wire rack, place below a large baking sheet to catch the dripping oil and cook for 15 minutes, then flip the kabobs. Grill the kabobs until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
These colorful veggie and chicken kabobs cooks perfectly on bbq, grill or even in the oven. Grilling kabobs could be a great summer outdoor family program with a delicious result.
It is a perfect summer grill recipe using marinated chicken breast and bright fresh veggies, which flavors come all together. This recipe is easy, simple and quick. The kabobs are healthy, gluten and sugar free, threading and grilling them is easy and entertaining.
Diet: gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free
- 1 large skinless chicken breast fillet
- 1 zucchini
- 1-1/2 bell pepper
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 1-1/2 onion
- 5-6 mushrooms
- for the marinade:
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ tablespoon ketchup (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ tablespoon paprika cream (optional)
- ½ tablespoon soya sauce
- First prepare the marinade: mix together the oil with the minced garlic, soya sauce, paprika cream, ketchup, salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- Cut the skinless boneless chicken breast into same-sized little chunks.
- Cut the unpeeled zucchini into small pieces or thin slices.
- Slice the bell-pepper and onion into same-sized chunks. Peel the mushroom cups, if are large cut them in half.
- Put all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix them well with the marinade. Let the meat and the veggies marinate in the fridge min. 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the grill or the oven.
- Cut the tomatoes into chunks.
- Arrange the ingredients on a wooden skewer as you wish.
- Place the skewers on the prepared grill, cook them until the chicken is lightly brown and well done, turning them on each side.
- If you are cooking them in the oven, place the kabobs on the oiled grid. Place a large baking sheet below the grid. Grill the kabobs for 30-35 minutes, turning them at each side, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve the kabobs hot.
Pin it for later!