The best part of a grill party is the tasty shish kabob. The oven made chicken shish kabobs are delicious and amazing as well. The taste of the baked marinated chicken breast and baked vegetables will amaze your family. Try this recipe below if you want to get a huge appreciation. :)
- 2 chicken breast fillets (300 g)
- 100 g smoked sausage (optional)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 1 green pepper
- 3 tomato
- ½ cup fresh champignon mushrooms
- for the marinade:
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- wooden kabob skewers
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
- Wash the chicken breast fillets, cut them in bite-sized
cubesand put them in the marinade bowl. Marinate the meat at least 1 hour before cooking in refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F. Soak the wooden kabob skewers in water, while you are preparing the vegetables.
- Right before the grilling, wash the vegetables and chop them into
uniform sizedpieces (1 inch slices). Cut the smokedsausage in thin slices.
- Thread the marinated chicken breast
cubes, sausage slices and the vegetables onto soaked wooden skewers, alternating the meat and vegetables. Feel free to arrange the kabobs as you want. Leave about 1 inch /3 cm of skewer at one and, so you can hold on them and flip them.
- Place the chicken shish kabobs on a baking tray and put them in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip
them,and bake for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Transfer the skewers to a plate. Serve the kabobs warm with baked potato and sauce.
- If you grill the kabobs on BBQ, the meat and the vegetables will have a
betterflavor. The way of grilling the kabobs is the same as the baking them in smoked oven, you just have to flip them frequently, careful to not break the skewers.