Creamy chicken tomato skillet with feta and zucchini noodles – a quick and healthy dinner made in 30 minutes
One pot or skillet recipes are the best for busy weekdays. When you’re hungry and tired, just toss everything in one pot and cook a delicious and also healthy dish, without piles of unwashed cookware.
I have two similar recipes to this – Creamy chicken mushroom with zoodles and Creamy tomato chicken thighs with zoodles – I think I can declare we love creamy chicken dishes in every way it could be prepared. Creamy chicken is usually served with some kind of noodles. Since we are not eating pasta anymore, I serve every pasta-dishes with our great old friend: zucchini noodles. Substituting pasta with grain free and vitamin-rich zoodles is a great choice for everyone who wants to reduce their carb intake.
I like my zoodles a little bit crunchy. I usually toss them into the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, so they are not raw anymore, but not too soft either. Be careful not to overcook the noodles, they will get mushy!
This tasty low-carb one pot chicken tomato recipe is so easy to prepare: cook the chicken breast with the chopped onion and garlic, then add the cherry tomatoes, when the chicken is white add the half and half cream and tomato sauce. Toss the zucchini noodles into the cooked creamy chicken tomato and bring it to boil, after 2-3 minutes of cooking remove the skillet from the heat and serve it with crumbled feta cheese on top of the dish. You’ll love this creamy flavorful dish, the combination of creamy chicken, cherry tomatoes, firm zucchini noodles and salty feta is just amazing!
Diet: low carb, gluten-free, clean eating
- 1 large chicken breast fillet
- 1 cup cherry tomato
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup single cream | half-and-half
- ½ cup organic tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large zucchini
- ⅓ cup feta cheese (100 g )
- Chop the chicken breast into little cubes, season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet preheat the olive oil, when it's hot add the chopped onion, sauté for 1-2 minutes, then add the chopped garlic. Add the chicken breast cubes, cook them until the meat turns white (about 7-8 minutes).
- Half the cherry tomatoes and add to the chicken, sauté them for 2-3 minutes. Pour the tomato sauce and the cream into the skillet, season it with salt and pepper, stir it together and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, prepare the zucchini noodles using spiralizer or vegetable peeler.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the zoodles to the sauce. Stir in the zoodles into the sauce and bring it to boil. Cook it 2-3 minutes and remove it from the heat.
- Serve the chicken tomato zoodles immediately with crumbled feta cheese.
Pin it for later!