Healthy and super delicious end of summer grilled chicken skewers with colorful veggies, marinated with garlic, lemon, oregano and chili cream marinade.
I’ve already told you guys, I love grilling, for me the grilled veggie and meat flavors are the best. So here I brought you a new skewer recipe which you can prepare before the cold weather just pops in.
This skewers were marinated with a special mix: lemon, garlic, chili or paprika sauce, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper. Marinade the chopped chicken breast and your favorite veggies in the mix for at least 15 minutes then thread them on skewers and grill them. Leave the chicken and the veggies in the marinade in the fridge up to 24 hours.
In my opinion grilling diverse veggies and chicken are perfect without any marinade, but for the sake of variety it’s great to use some tasty marinades. In this marinade the sour lemon and the sweet chili are in a great balance + garlic is always a jolly joker. In this skewers these flavors come all together perfectly. And I almost forgot to say this easy meal perfectly fits the clean eating and primal diet as well!
I leave you here with this short post and amazing marinated chicken breast grilled on skewers recipe because we are traveling tomorrow to the sunny beaches of Spain and I have to pack! See you soon! Until then check out some other grilling recipes for these beautiful end of summer nights: Chicken Shish Kabobs, Chicken kabobs.
Diet: clean eating, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, low-carb
- 2 skinless bonless chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 medium zucchini
- 6-8 mushrooms (cca 200g)
- 4-6 tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- for marinade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika cream or chili sauce
- 2 cloves og garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon's juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- wooden skewers
- In a large bowl mix all the marinade ingredients: stir together the olive oil with the chili or paprika sauce, lemon juice, season the mix with oregano, crushed garlic or garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the chicken breasts into little chunks, mix them with the marinade.
- Cut the vegetables into little chunks, transfer them into the bowl and let them marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Thread the skewers alternating with the chicken and the veggies. Place the skewers on the grill and cook them for 20 minutes, turning them in every 5 minutes.
- Remove the skewers when the chicken in completely cooked. Serve them warm!
Pin it for later!