These chocolate cookies are soft, delicious, full of chocolate and healthy zucchini, which is tasteless and is not noticeable.
If you want to prepare a quick dessert, which is also healthy, bake these chocolate cookies with zucchini. Everybody will feel just the taste of the chocolate and white chocolate chips, only you will know there are hidden zucchini in these amazing cookies.
The vitamin full veggie keeps the chocolatey cookies soft and makes the dessert healthier than the traditional cookies.
This recipe is easy, the cookies are ready in 35 minutes. From this amount of ingredients, I made 24 pieces of cookies. Find the chocolate cookie recipe below!
- 150 g flour (1¼ cups)
- 1 egg
- 1 large shredded zucchini (1½ cups)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 120 g ( ⅔ cup) brown sugar
- 120 g ( ½ cup) white sugar
- 1,5 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 150 g softened unsalted butter
- 100 g (1 cup) white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to180°C/355°F. Grease cookie sheet or a baking tray.
- Peel the zucchini, remove the seeds, grate it using a cheese grater and squeeze the juice.
- In a large bowl cream the softened butter, then mix it with the brown and white sugar. Combine it with the egg and vanilla, using a hand mixer.
- In another bowl, stir the flour, cocoa and baking soda, sprinkle it with a pinch of salt.
- Spoon by spoon, add the flour into the creamed mixture. Mix it well, until is fully incorporated.
- Finally, fold in the shredded and drained zucchini and the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Leave 5 cm/ 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies 12-15 minutes.
- Let them cool for 3-5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack, where let them completely cool.
Pin it for later!