Low-carb, gluten free one pot creamy tomato chicken served with zucchini noodles – healthy dinner for busy weekdays
It’s been a while since my last post, but I’m back with a great new recipe. This month was so busy, I made this recipe last week, the pictures were ready, but I haven’t got time to write the post. It’s a shame because this is an amazing and simple recipe which I wish I could share with you earlier. But here we are! Today’s recipe is a delicious, hearty one pot chicken meal served with the always winner “zoodles”.
Maybe I’ve already written, we LOVE zucchini noodles! It’s a great way to replace pasta, beside it’s super healthy and delicious, it’s also cheap and easy to prepare. We are successfully keeping to eat clean, we are eating new healthy and special dishes we have never eaten before. Sometimes we do miss pasta and spaghetti dishes, but fortunately there are so many great low-carb zoodle recipes, therefore zucchini noodles are weekly served in our plates.
I’m sure everybody loves creamy chicken pasta! It can be prepared in so many ways – with veggies, mushrooms, shrimps, cheese, tomato sauce, according to everyone’s taste, it’s easy and simple to prepare with just a few ingredients, and most of all because it’s sooo delicious. Trust me, this recipe is super delicious as well. For the sake of variety, I prepared with skinless and boneless chicken thighs, but feel free to use chicken breast, bone-in thighs or even chicken legs, the result will be guaranteed tasty.
To prepare this delicious one pot meal you’ll need one chicken thigh per person, 1 cup tomato sauce, canned peeled plum tomatoes (in juice), heavy cream, onion, oil, fresh herbs and a large skillet. for zoodles: one medium zucchini per person, garlic, olive oil and another skillet. This recipe is so easy to prepare, in 30-35 minutes is ready and you can save time on cleaning as well.
This creamy tomato chicken thighs meal is healthy, gluten-free, clean and low-carb – most of the carbs are in the tomato sauce 16g/1 cup (70 calories) and tinned plum tomatoes 3g/100g (25 calories). Hope you’ll like this delish one pot chicken thighs recipe!
Diet: gluten free, low-carb, clean eating
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup canned plum tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream (100 ml)
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or 1 minced garlic
- salt, black pepper, paprika to taste
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- Wash the chicken thighs, rub them on both sides with salt, black pepper and paprika to taste, and1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or minced garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a large skillet, add the diced the onion and sauté it. After 2-3 minutes, when the onion is tender and translucent, add the chicken. Cook the chicken on medium heat on both sides for 4-5 minutes, then add the tomato sauce and diced plum tomatoes. Season the sauce with oregano and freshly chopped coriander, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the skillet and cook the tomato chicken for 20 minutes, add more tomato sauce or 1-2 tablespoons water if necessary.
- While the chicken thighs are cooking, prepare the zucchini zoddles using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a non stick pan, sauté 1-2 cloves minced garlic for 1 minute, then stir in the zucchini noodles. Salt and cook the zodles for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are tender.
- When the chicken thighs are cooked, stir in the cream until the sauce is well combined and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve the creamy tomato chicken with the zoodles immediately.
Pin it for later!