It’s cold and windy outside. I was freezing cold all day. I just needed a cosy and delicious soup to warm me up. I decided to cook this creamy veggie soup. After eating it (two bowls) I was already feeling better. This creamy vegetable soup is delicious and healthy, one bowl of soup gives you a large amount of daily needs of vitamins and minerals.
In this hearty soup you can add all your favourite vegetables, in my soup I put carrots, parsnips, potatoes, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, green peas and onion. This soup is full of fresh vegetables and for an extra thickness, you can add some frozen veggies as well. For an extra flavour, I mixed the cooked soup with a little single cream and squeezed quarter lemon in it. The flavour of this amazing soup is a little bit sour, but this doesn’t affect the delicious main savour of the veggies. Season the soup with salt, pepper, paprika, bay leaves and freshly chopped parsley.
This fantastic soup is easy to prepare, just be patient with peeling and chopping all these vegetables :) After 45-50 minutes of cooking you can enjoy a bowl (or more) of this colourful vegetable soup. Serve it with fresh bread and you’ll be full and warm for the rest of the day.
You’ll love the rich taste of veggies in this healthy soup. It’s a perfect food for a cold winter day! (I’m waiting for you spring so much!!!)
Diet: vegetarian, gluten-free, healthy
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 3 medium potatoes
- ½ broccoli
- ½ cauliflower
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 handful of green beans
- 1 handful of green peas
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 ml single cream
- ¼ lemon
- black pepper
- 1-2 bay leaves
- fresh parsley
- Wash and peel the carrots, parsnip and the potatoes, then chop them into little chunks. Put them in a large pot and simmer them with one tablespoon olive oil, stirring occasionally. After 3-5 minutes, sprinkle the vegetables with ½ teaspoon paprika, stir them.
- Fill the pot ⅔ with water.
- Add a small (whole) onion, 1-2 bay leaves and season the soup with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Ten minutes after the soup started boiling, add the broccoli and cauliflower chunks.
- When the veggies are softened, add the chopped zucchini, the green peas and green beans (and the other frozen veggies).
- Cook the soup for 10 minutes, until all of the vegetables are cooked. Then pour 150 ml single cream and squeeze a quarter lemon into the soup. Stir carefully the soup and wait until starts to boil, then remove it from the heat.
- Remove the bay leaves and the onion from
- Garnish the soup with freshly chopped parsley. Serve it hot with sour cream and/or bread.
Pin it for later!