The zucchini cream soup is one of our family’s favourite soups, we like it with different herbs like thyme (see the recipe here), basil and even with zucchini chips. Now I’m trying to match with other vegetables. This time I choose carrots. I wasn’t disappointed, the versatile zucchini is great with carrots. The zucchini and carrot soup is delicious and it’s a little sweeter and more colourful than the usual zucchini soup.
This zucchini and carrot soup recipe is gluten-free and simple, is easy to prepare and it’s ready in 30 minutes. This green soup is so creamy and tasty it’ll be a hit starter of your meal.
The soup has just a few ingredients: the main vegetables, the carrots and zucchini, an onion and two cloves of garlic for a better taste, single cream for the creamy result, a little bit of butter to simmer the onion, basil for a special savour (optional), water, salt and pepper. That’s all! If you want to make this soup more special grate parmesan on the bottom of your empty bowl, pour the hot soup on it and enjoy the melted cheese in the creamy zucchini and carrot mixture.
Cook all the vegetables in a deep pot, season it with salt, black pepper and freshly chopped basil. When it’s all cooked, remove from the heat and puree the veggies using an immersion blender, then stir in the cream.
This tasty cheerful soup can be a perfect weekday dinner starter and it will warm you up in these rainy and gloomy November evenings. Bon appetite!
Diet: vegetarian, gluten-free
- 2 medium zucchini
- 3 carrots
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1tablespoon butter
- 200 ml single cream
- ½ teaspoon freshly chopped basil
- Dice the washed zucchinis and carrots. Chop the onion and the garlic.
- Melt one tablespoon butter in a deep pot. When the butter is perfectly melted, add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté them for 2-3 minutes. When the onion is white, add the diced zucchinis and carrots. Stir well and cook covered for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- Add water to your soup, just as much cover your vegetables, season with salt and pepper and cook the soup on reduced heat until the carrots are tender.
- When the carrots are cooked, remove the pot from heat and process the soup using an immersion blender until is smooth. Pour the single cream into the pot and return it to the heat. Add the freshly chopped basil, stir it well and cook the soup until it starts boiling again.
- Serve the soup immediately. For a better taste serve the hot soup with some grated cheese.
Pin it for later!