Easy creamy cheesy zucchini and chicken breast casserole, a quick and simple clean eating dinner recipe.
This good looking casserole is tricky, under the neatly arranged zucchini slices are chicken breast fillets coated in cheese and covered with cream and egg mixture. This creamy cheesy zucchini and chicken breast casserole is an easy and fast dinner recipe.
All ingredients you need for this simple recipe are: chicken breast fillets, zucchini, eggs, cream, garlic and your favorite grated cheese.
This casserole is super easy to make and the baking time is short as well. First prepare the chicken breast slices, season them as you like, rub them with garlic then dip in beaten eggs to coat easily with your favorite cheese. Line the chicken slices on the bottom of a casserole dish, then cover them with the zucchini slices. Pour the egg cream mixture to the zucchini and finally sprinkle the top with cheese. And it’s ready to bake!
This amazing cheesy and creamy casserole is ready in 40 minutes from the beginning to serving. The chicken on the bottom is tender and delicious, the zucchini slices are soft but a little crispy and the cheesy egg cream mixture between the layers is amazing.
The casserole is tasty and healthy as well, it fits in gluten-free and clean eating diets. I recommend to bake this light casserole, it’s a unique taste experiment.
Diet: gluten-free, sugar-free, clean eating
- 400 g chicken breast fillet
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml single cream
- 150 g grated (parmesan) cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Slice the chicken breast fillets into thin slices. Season them with salt, black pepper and paprika as taste. Rub the slices with crushed garlic.
- Crack the eggs into a deep bowl and beat them with a fork. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Prepare an ovenproof dish for the casserole: grease the dish with 2 tablespoon oil.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C / 320°F.
- Dip the chicken breast slices in the beaten eggs, then coat the slices in the grated cheese. Line the chicken slices in the ovenproof dish.
- Cut the zucchinis into 1 cm / ½ inches. Line the zucchini slices on top of the chicken breasts.
- Mix the rest of the beaten eggs with the singe cream. Pour the mixture on top of the zucchini. Sprinkle the top of the casserole with the leftover cheese.
- Place the casserole in the preheated oven and bake it for 25 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Pin it for later!