This is an easy and simple fried zucchini sticks recipe, the sticks are ready in 30 minutes and are perfect veggie snacks for kids who are veggie-haters. These tasty and soft zucchini sticks are easy to prepare and are perfect for an easy vegetarian dinner, a side dish or could be a great veggie appetizer.
These fries are made in traditional way with flour, eggs and breadcrumbs, fried in sunflower oil. I know this recipe is not so popular nowadays because it’s not vegan, gluten-free or low-carb, but sometimes when you have to prepare something quick and delicious with zucchini, squash, broccoli or cauliflower, this is the best way to cook them.
Cut the zucchini into slim sticks, then bread them as usual: first dip the sticks into the flour, then in the beaten eggs, coat them with breadcrumbs, then place them in hot oil, fry them, until are golden brown.
The fried zucchini sticks taste great with any dip, my boyfriend prefers the sticks with salsa dip, I like it better with sour cream and garlic dip. The garlic sour cream recipe is here: crush 3 cloves of garlic, season it with a pinch of salt and 150 ml sour cream. This dip tastes great, it’s perfect with any grilled or fried food. Attention: the dip is really hot!
Diet: vegetarian, dairy-free
- 3-4 medium zucchinis
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 100 g breadcrumbs
- 400 ml oil
- Cut the washed zucchini into slim sticks.
- Season the sticks with a pinch of salt.
- In a large skillet preheat the oil. While you are coating the zucchinis, the oil will heat up.
- Put 4 tablespoons of flour into a plate.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl, season with salt and pepper as taste.
- Pour the breadcrumbs in a third plate.
- First dip the zucchini stick into the flour, then dip into the eggs, hold it over the bowl to let any excess fall back, finally coat all sticks with breadcrumb, then place them in hot oil.
- Fry the zucchini sticks for 8-10 minutes until every side is fried and has a golden brown colour.
- When the stick are fried transfer them on plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Serve them warm or cold with your favourite dip.
Pin it for later!