Fresh and tasty traditional Greek salad with lemon garlic chicken – a quick and healthy dinner made by cucumber, tomato, onion and olive salad with a delicious dressing, served with marinated chicken breasts
This super healthy summer salad is made by fresh vegetables: cucumber, (cherry) tomato, bell pepper, red onion and kalamata olives, drizzled with a tangy lemon and herb dressing, and topped with some crumbly salty feta cheese. The salad can be served as a light lunch or as a side dish next to grilled/baked chicken. This fresh Greek salad is perfectly pairing with grilled meat, that’s why is usually served on barbecue parties. If you are not attending a bbq party on the weekdays, but you want to eat something similar quickly, I totally recommend you this recipe! :)
First prepare the dressing which will be the marinade for the chicken breasts as well. Combine the olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice and dried basil or oregano (or both). Pour the 2/3 of the dressing into a dressing bottle and set it aside. The remaining dressing will be used as the chicken marinade. Slice the chicken breast fillets lengthwise, rub in with salt, pepper and garlic powder, then place them into the lemon-olive oil mixture, coat them well, cover and allow them to marinade for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
While the chicken is marinading, slice the veggies, then in a large salad bowl mix them with the pitted Kalamata olives and the diced feta cheese. Drizzle the salad with the dressing, season it with salt and black pepper to taste, set it aside for 10-20 minutes letting the flavors to come together. Sauté (or grill) the marinated chicken breast in a skillet, until is cooked through, slice it as you like, then serve with the Greek salad. It’s quick and easy, isn’t it?
This tasty Greek salad is packed with a lot of fresh flavors, serving it with lemon-marinated garlicky chicken breasts makes it even more delicious. This Greek chicken salad makes a perfect healthy, clean and nutritious dinner and an excellent source of various vitamins.
Diet: gluten-free, sugar-free, low-carb, clean eating
- For the salad:
- 1 cup cherry tomato
- ½ cucumber
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 100 g feta cheese
- ½ red onion
- 1 bell pepper
- For the dressing:
- ½ lemon or 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil
- For the chicken:
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and basil. Set the dressing aside for a couple of minutes.
- Halve lengthwise the chicken breasts, season them with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove 2 tbs of dressing and add to the chicken breast fillets. Coat them well and place them into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Slice thin the red onion and thick the cucumber, half the cherry tomatoes and chop the bell pepper. In a large salad bowl mix together the chopped veggies, diced feta cheese and the pitted olives, drizzle the veggies with the dressing and season it lightly with salt. Set aside the salad for 10-20 minutes before serving.
- Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge. Heat a large skillet on medium-high heat and add the chicken breasts. Sauté the chicken on both sides until are golden brown and cooked through (8-10 minutes).
- Remove the chicken from the pan, slice and arrange over the salad. Enjoy!
Pin it for later!