What can be a better dinner, than a layered baked zucchini with turkey and mozzarella?! It is not so complicated! Just cook the turkey, fry the zucchini slices, cook the rice and layer them in an ovenproof dish. Pour the yogurt on the top layer and sprinkle the cheese. In 35 minutes is baked, ready to serve.
- 1 large zucchini
- 20 g rice
- 500 g minced turkey meat
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 150 g mozzarella
- 300 ml yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook the rice in 2 l salted water until is soft.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 360°F.
- Simmer the chopped onion in a pan
ona little oil for 5 minutes, add the minced turkey, fry it until is white. Season it with salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and paprika. Add the blended tomatoes and a half of tablespoon of flour, mix it and boil it until is dense.
- Slice the washed courgette
intothin slices and fry them in a dry pan for 3 minutes both sides.
- Oil the bottom of a middle-sized baking pan. Smooth the cooked rice
inthe baking pan, layer the zucchini slices, add the turkey and put again the rest of the zucchini.
- Mix the yoghurt with the flour and brush the top with the mixture. Finally put he mozzarella slices on the top of
the panand place it into the oven.
- Bake it for 30-35 minutes until the mozzarella is melted.
- Serve immediately.