Spicy salmon and garlic parmesan veggies grilled in one pan, a healthy and flavorful dinner recipe ready in 20 minutes
Last couple of days were so busy I hadn’t had time for blogging, but I’m back with a great new recipe. This time I prepared a healthy and colorful one pan dish: baked spicy salmon with garlicky veggies. In my sheet pan were carrots, green beans, cherry tomatoes and zucchini slices, all seasoned with salt and garlic powder and sprinkled with grated Parmesan in the last minutes of baking. Adding Parmesan or any other grated cheese to vegetables is optional, the veggies are just perfect with the garlic and salt.
We are huge salmon fans. Besides it’s delicious and has a lot of health benefits, it can be prepared in less than 30 minutes in so many different ways. Let’s talk about why salmon is called superfood! Salmon is nutrient dense, great source of protein, minerals and vitamins and contains a so-called “healthy fat” a specific type of unsaturated fat – Omega-3 fatty acid. So can you tell me a better choice for a quick healthy dinner other than salmon? Me neither! :)
The salmon was seasoned with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and thyme, before serving I sprinkled them with freshly chopped parsley. There is no need to marinade the fish, using just spices makes the salmon to taste fabulous.
The salmon is usually ready in 12-18 minutes, which is also enough time for vegetables to cook. We like our veggies a little bit crunchy (especially the carrots and zucchini), so I grilled them for 20 minutes, then I sprinkled them with grated Parmesan and put them back in the oven for another 2 minutes, but feel free to remove the pan sooner to have softer veggies.
This super quick one pan dish is rich in healthy fats, vitamins and protein, is also gluten-free and low-carb. Feel free to use your favorite vegetables, fresh or frozen, with or without Parmesan.
Diet: gluten-free, sugar-free, clean eating, low-carb
- 300 g | 10 oz salmon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced carrots (fresh or frozen)
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 2 handful of green beans (fresh or frozen)
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- olive oil for greasing the pan
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C | 400°F. Slightly grease a sheet pan with olive oil.
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme, place them on prepared pan and brush them slightly with olive oil.
- Arrange the veggies around the salmon in single layer, season them with salt and garlic powder.
- Grill or broil the salmon and veggies for 15-20 minutes depending on how done you like the veggies and the salmon. If you like the veggies crunchy and dryish grill them for 20 minutes, if not remove them sooner.
- Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle the veggies with grated Parmesan and place the pan back to the oven for 2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pan from and serve the salmon with the veggies immediately.
Pin it for later!