There’s no better party snack than these cheesy pepperoni pizza rolls made from homemade pizza dough, topped with a huge amount of cheese.
These homemade pizza rolls are better than any store-bought snack you can find. They are small, tender, flavorful, just perfect to grab them and eat them right away with or without a pint of beer. They make a super delicious party food for all your hungry guests.
The easy homemade yeast dough is filled with tangy tomato sauce, spicy salami, and lots of melty cheese. Add some pizza flavors by spicing the filling with oregano, thyme, rosemary and basil. If you like your pizza rolls hotter, add some Sriracha sauce to the filling. Bake these yummy little pizza roll ups on Pizza Night, they will be perfect switch up on traditional pizza.
The pizza rolls are delicious as party appetizers, snacks or even on the next day as a grab-and-go snack! Adjust the filling to your liking, add your favorite pepperoni and cheese, make it slightly hot by adding a splash of Sriracha sauce to the filling, plus don’t forget the homemade bread/pizza dough makes them even better.
All pizza junkies out there, you should try these cheesy pepperoni pizza rolls ASAP! They’ll be loved by all!
- Pizza Dough:
- 2 cups flour
- 100 ml milk
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4-5 pepperoni slices (or other salami)
- 1 cup Parmesan or Cheddar cheese (grated)
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- half of a red onion
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha sauce (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves or ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Heat the milk until is lukewarm, then stir in the sugar and yeast until dissolved. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl sift the flour and add one teaspoon salt, when the yeast is activated, pour it into the bowl of flour. Add 2 tablespoon olive oil to the batter and knead with your hand for 8-10 minutes or knead it in a stand mixer for 4-5 minutes. Add more olive oil if necessary. The batter has to be smooth, pliable and doesn't stick to the bowl. Sift a little flour on top of the batter, cover it with a kitchen towel and let it rest for an hour in a warm place.
- While the pizza dough is rising, prepare the filling.
- Chop the onion, then sauté them in olive oil. Remove from heat, then add the tomato sauce, herbs, spices and Sriracha sauce.
- Chop the pepperoni into small pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C | 356 ℉. Lightly grease a baking pan.
- When the batter is doubled in size, transfer it on a lightly floured surface. Roll it out to a 5 mm / 0.2 in thickness.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the dough. Place the pepperoni on top of the dough, then sprinkle with ⅔ of the grated cheese.
- Starting on the long side, roll up the dough tightly, then cut into even slices.
- Transfer the slices into the prepared baking pan, leaving a little space between the rolls. Sprinkle the top of the rolls with the remaining cheese.
- Bake the pizza rolls for 15 minutes.
Pin it for later!
Looking for other party appetizers? Check these out!