This is a simple and easy recipe of a delicious creamy pasta dish prepared with zucchini and ham. The great zucchini ham pasta is ready in 25 minutes, it has just a few ingredients and it’s definitely the most creamy zucchini pasta you’ve ever eaten.
The pasta sauce is a tasty white sauce with sauteed ham and zucchini cooked in mascarpone and double cream mixture. The sauce is seasoned with garlic, black pepper, salt and basil. I used smoked home-prepared ham which is salted already, so if you use this type of ham, be careful when you are seasoning the sauce.
The preparation of this amazing dish is simple and quickly: in a large pot cook the pasta in boiling water, in another deep skillet prepare the sauce. Saute the ham until is crispy, then add the zucchini and cook it. When the zucchini is almost softened, add the mascarpone and the cream, stir it carefully.
The mascarpone and cream mixture is fantastic, it fits well with the zucchini, but the essential of this sauce is the ham, which gives a fabulous flavor to this dish. The cooked smoked ham smells good and tastes good. But instead of ham you can use pancetta or any kind of bacon as well, the creamy pasta will taste good, as well.
Serve the pasta immediately, garnish with basil or cheese, if desired. Bon appetite to this easy zucchini ham pasta! :)
- 250 g ham
- 2 medium zucchini
- 200 ml double cream
- 200 g mascarpone
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 400 g pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- Chop the ham and saute it in a large skillet on olive oil, until is crispy and brown.
- Cut the zucchini into little pieces and simmer it with the ham. Add the crushed garlic to the zucchini and season it with salt and black pepper as taste.
- When the zucchini cubes are almost softened, pour the double cream, stir it, then add the mascarpone and stir the sauce together carefully.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water al dente.
- Cook the zucchini ham mixture for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve it immediately with the cooked pasta.
Pin it for later!