These delicious ricotta pancakes are creamy inside, fluffy and are made with whole grain flour, probably one of the best breakfast treats you can make!
For a great start of the day, make some special breakfast treat: try these fluffy pancakes with a creamy inside. The pancakes are amazingly delicious, easy to prepare and are great alternative for regular pancakes. If you are bored of regular pancakes this recipe is for you!
This recipe has just six ingredients: flour (I used whole wheat flour), (brown) sugar, eggs, ricotta, baking powder and vanilla + butter or oil for cooking. Mix together the ingredients, then scoop the mixture into a bowl of flour, coat them and shape flat pancakes with your hand. Place the pancakes in hot butter in a pan and let them cook for 3-4 minutes, until are golden brown and fluffy, flip them and cook the other side as well.
These pancakes are not very sweet, so serve them with maple syrup, fruit jam, peanut butter or eat them with powdered sugar. Feel free to add berries or lemon zest to the batter to get more interesting pancakes.
Start your morning great by making a stack of these tasty and fluffy whole wheat ricotta pancakes!
- 250 g | 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 50 | ⅓ cup g brown sugar
- 60 g | ½ cup whole wheat flour + 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- butter or oil for cooking
- Whisk the egg with the ricotta in a large mixing bowl, add the sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt. Fold in the flour and baking powder, stir until just incorporated.
- Heat one tablespoon oil or a small bit of butter in a pan. Prepare a small bowl and add 2-3 tablespoons flour in it.
- Using a tablespoon or an ice cream scoop, scoop the pancake mixture then drop it into the flour. Coat the balls with flour, then shape flat pancakes with your hand and immediately drop them into the preheated pan.
- Cook the pancakes on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until are golden, then flip them and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve the pancakes immediately with maple syrup, peanut butter and/or fruit jam.
Pin it for later!