Parmesan and garlic roasted Brussels sprouts – easy, fast and healthy 4 ingredients vegetarian one pan dish, it could be the perfect Easter side dish
Brussels sprouts are super healthy vegetables, rich in vitamins (vitamin C, K, B6, B1) and are very good source of numerous nutrients. These little cabbages are flavorful roasted, especially seasoned with garlic and parmesan. The garlic and parmesan combo also eliminates the sulfurous odor of the sprouts. Even brussels sprout haters gonna love this tasty, crunchy cheesy dish.
This tasty and healthy side dish is made in half hour. To save time cook the sprouts in a hot water for a couple of minutes before transferring them into the oven. Roast them in for about 10 minutes until they are soft and cooked, then sprinkle them with cheese to get an amazing taste.
This one pan vegetarian dish is low carb, gluten free and sugar free. Serve these cheesy mini cabbage as a side dish next to roasted or grilled meat to get a healthy and dinner. These roasted brussels sprouts look so good, they make a perfect holiday side dish as well.
Diet: vegetarian, low carb, gluten free, sugar free, clean eating
- 500 g | 1 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or Cheddar cheese
- In a large pot heat 2 cups of water.
- Wash and rinse the brussels sprouts, trim the dry leaves and cut the bottom of them. When the water starts to boil add the sprouts and a pinch of salt. Cook the sprouts for 7-8 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C | 400°F. Prepare a large sheet pan.
- Drain the sprouts and cut them in half. Toss them with the garlic powder, a pinch of salt and black pepper and olive oil.
- Transfer the brussels sprouts to baking sheet, spread them into an even layer and roast them in the oven for 12-13 minutes.
- When the sprouts are tender sprinkle them with parmesan or cheddar cheese and bake for another 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted. Serve the sprouts warm.
Pin it for later!