These roasted veggies are so easy and simple to prepare. The veggies are tender and tasty and you can use any kind of vegetables do you have at home. The fresh herbs and grated cheese give this vegetarian, low-carb dish a lovely flavour. We loved these colourful roasted veggies, hope you will like it too.
Cut the veggies to a similar size, toss them in olive oil – herbs mixture, place them on a baking sheet and sprinkle them with any kind of grated cheese, finally roast the veggies in preheated oven. That’s it! It so easy, right?
You can use any fresh (or frozen) vegetables you’d like. I had in my fridge mushrooms, zucchini, cauliflower and onion. We love the roasted baby carrots, so I used in my recipe frozen carrots. In my frozen veggie bag were peas, baby carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. For a better result, I cooked the frozen veggies in salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Feel free to experiment with any kind of veggie you have on stock!
Mix the vegetables with the oil – seasoning mixture, then place them on a lined baking sheet (or two baking sheets). Sprinkle the top of the veggies with grated cheese (parmesan, cheddar or vegan cheese) and bake them in the oven, until are tender.
These roasted veggies are perfect for side dish or for a vegetarian lunch. I served the roasted veggies with baked fish, it was an amazing match. Feel free to serve it with any roasted or grilled meat, pasta or couscous. Bon appetit!
Diet: vegan, gluten-free, low-carb, sugar-free
- 1 medium zucchini
- 200 g mushroom
- 1 medium broccoli
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 red onion
- 150 g green peas
- 150 g baby carrots
- 150 g grated vegan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- black pepper
- Wash all the veggies and cut them into equal pieces.
- Cook the baby carrot, broccoli and cauliflower in salted boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain them well. If you are using frozen vegetables, cook them for 5-7 minutes, as well.
- Put the veggie cubes into a large bowl, pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil and season them with salt, pepper, rosemary and oregano, stir the veggies carefully.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the veggies on the baking tray and roast them for 15-18 minutes, until are tender.
Pin it for later!