Healthy, quick and easy dinner in foil recipe, with nutritious fresh summer veggies and flavorful salmon.
More than a week ago we have decided to eat healthier: we’ve cut the carbs, no more sugar and flour. Roughly we are keeping us to primal blueprint diet, but we are not 100 % committed. We haven’t eat bread, pasta, rice or potatoes for more than 10 days. When your usual side dishes are not permitted to eat and you are full of salads and steamed vegetables, it’s hard to find easy, quick and healthy recipes, which are not boring. But here it is: a great salmon and veggies recipe, which is super healthy, easy to prepare and is ready in 35 minutes.
To prepare this recipe you will need salmon fillets, fresh summer vegetables, like zucchini, tomato, bell pepper and onion, herbs, butter and foil. That’s it! That’s all the ingredients you’ll need for this great clean eating recipe in a foil packet.
Dice the vegetables and cut 2 foil sheets about 20 cm /11-inch long. First layer the zucchini slices, then place the salmon, season it, finally place the diced tomato, bell pepper and onion on top of fish. Wrap the salmon and the veggies, fold the ends of the foil to seal and the packets are ready to bake.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on how thick the salmon is, then serve these great packets. This salmon and veggie in foil is a super delicious and super healthy recipe, it’s gluten-free, sugar-free, primal, if you’re using olive oil instead of butter, it can be paleo and dairy-free as well. If you are a salmon fan, you’ll love this easy and quick recipe. This dish was one of the best dishes we have ate since we are eating healthier (except the strawberry blackberry cheesecake we ate at my boyfriend’s birthday). Hope you will like it!
Diet: gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, clean eating
- 2 slice of salmons
- 1 large zucchini
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes
- ½ onion
- ½ bell pepper
- ½ tablespoon butter or margarine
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350℉. Cut 2 sheets of aluminum foil.
- Slice the zucchini into 1 cm/ 0.4" thin slices, divide in two and lay them on the foil sheets. Season the zucchini with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place 2 little butter cubes on the zucchini slices, then place one salmon fillet on them. Sprinkle the salmon with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Put the rest of the butter on the top of the salmon.
- Chop the onion, tomato and bell pepper into little chunks. Divide the veggies over the fish.
- Wrap the salmon and the veggies, make sure the packets are sealed.
- Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
- When the fish is cooked, transfer the foils in plates and serve them warm. Open the packets carefully!
Pin it for later!