Savory and very very cheese zucchini muffins prepared with parmesan, feta and cheddar cheese, garlic and red onion. These zucchini muffins are light and fluffy with a lovely cheesy flavor, perfect for savory snack lovers.
The ingredients of these great muffins are: eggs, milk, olive oil, flour, zucchini, red onion, garlic, baking powder, baking soda, salt. black pepper and three kinds of cheese: parmesan, feta and cheddar, which give flavor of the muffins. Feel free to change the cheese to your favorite type of cheese, just don’t forget to add a loooot of it to the batter of the muffin.
The preparation is easy, it takes 20 minutes to mix together all the ingredients and spoon the batter to the muffin pan. I used paper muffin cases, next time I will try to bake without them. Removing the paper cases from the muffins are not easy when they are hot and sticky, but if you wait until the muffins are almost totally cooled, the paper will easily remove.
These delicious zucchini muffins are moist and soft inside and crunchy in the outside. The zucchini can not be detected inside the muffins, you’ll taste just the flavor of the cheese and salt, and slightly the garlic.
Savory zucchini muffins make great party food, appetizer, on-to-go snacks, breakfast or even lunch.
These tasty little muffins are so cheesy, salty and moist inside, every savory pastry fan will love it, like my other half. He loves every baked good which is cheesy and salty, so my muffins were a big hit for him. He loved them, even the cool leftovers which I served for breakfast. These muffins can be even frozen then warm up in the microwave.
- 1 medium zucchini shredded
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ red onion
- 150 ml milk
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 120 g feta cheese
- 120 g grated cheddar
- 50 g grated parmesan
- pinch of salt
- black pepper
- Shred one unpeeled zucchini and set it aside in a colander.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F and prepare a muffin pan and paper muffin cases.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, then add the oil, milk and mix it together. Add the crumbled feta and grated cheddar cheese to the eggs. Crush one garlic clove and a quarter of a red onion into the mixture. Squeeze the shredded zucchini and fold into the wet mixture.
- In a separate bowl stir together the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, season it with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture, stir it until evenly combined.
- Spoon the thick batter into the prepared muffin tin. Sprinkle the top of the zucchini muffins with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins in the pan for 5 minutes before removing them, then transfer them on a wire rack to cool. Serve them warm or cold.
Pin it for later!