Easy, quick and tasty zucchini Caprese chicken bake, a great dinner for busy nights. This great dish is actually a baked chicken Caprese upgraded with zucchini. Caprese is a simple tasty Italian salad, made of mozzarella, tomato, fresh basil and olive oil, seasoned with salt. I really like this fresh delish salad, it could be a delicious appetizer or side dish. I’ve served it with baked/fried chicken and I’ve already baked it on top of chicken breast, it was amazing. I thought why not variate baked Caprese chicken with zucchini? So I prepared it, here it is! It’s fabulous!
Like I said, this bake is prepared of fresh mozzarella cheese, tomato, chicken breast, zucchini, fresh basil and olive oil. Cut the chicken breast into 2-3 thin slices, count 1-2 chicken breast per person, depending on your hunger. Pre-cook the chicken breast and the zucchini slices, then transfer them to a baking pan, lay the chicken breast slices on the bottom, then place the zucchini, then mozzarella and finally the tomato slice on top of the chicken and the dish is ready to bake.
It takes 30 minutes to prepare this zucchini Caprese chicken bake, from slicing to serving. We like the mozzarella totally melted, but if you want to have actually mozzarella slices on the top of the chicken, remove the dish from the oven 5 minutes sooner. Don’t be afraid, the chicken and zucchini will be thoroughly cooked.
Garnish this great bake with fresh basil leaves, serve with potato or rice and wait for the compliments! :)
Feel free to make your own chicken Caprese variations, share your recipes with me in comment section! Happy baking!
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1 zucchini
- 120 g/one ball mozzarella cheese
- 5-6 cherry tomato
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon freshly chopped basil
- salt, pepper, paprika
- Halve the chicken breast lengthwise, perhaps cut them into 3 slices depending on the thickness of the breast.
- Season the chicken slices with salt, pepper and paprika.
- In a large skillet preheat 2 tablespoons olive oil, then fry the chicken breast slices, 3-4 minutes one side, then turn them and fry the other side for another 3-4 minutes, until are white and nearly cooked.
- Slice the zucchini into 1cm / ½- inch thick slices. Cook them for 2-3 minutes on both sides in the same skillet, together with the chicken breasts.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 360°F.
- While the chicken and zucchini are cooking, slice the mozzarella into 1 cm / ½-inch slices and the cherry tomato into thin slices.
- When the chicken breast and zucchini are ready, remove them from the skillet.
- Pour the remaining olive oil from the skillet into a baking pan. Place the chicken breasts on the bottom of the pan. Lay the zucchini slices on the chicken. Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil. Top the zucchini with mozzarella slices, finally
placethe tomato slices on the top.
- Place the zucchini
Capresechicken into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted as you like it.
- Serve the bake warm, garnish with basil leaves.
Pin it for later!