This is a simple soup recipe, which is easy to prepare and is ready in 30 minutes, so you don’t have to cook for hours in the hot kitchen. If in this hot summer do you need something to cool you, try this tasty zucchini soup recipe as cold as ice.
All you need for this green soup are: zucchini, red onion, garlic, thyme, cream and olive oil. It’s zucchini season, so you can get fresh tender zucchini, which doesn’t need peeling. Cook the chopped vegetables with cream and water, then in a food processor process the soup until is smooth and creamy.
Serve the soup with toast cubes and/or cheese, but it really good with fresh pepper cubes or by itself. In this recipe, I didn’t use flour, so this zucchini cream soup fits in gluten-free diets.
Try this easy and tasty summer recipe of zucchini cream soup with thyme if you want to eat something fresh and light.
Diet: vegetarian, gluten-free, sugar-free
- 3-4 medium zucchinis
- 300 ml cream
- 1 large red onion
- 6 clove of garlic
- 4 teaspoons freshly chopped thyme
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- water to cover the vegetables
- Chop the red onion and garlic, simmer it in the hot oil, then add the zucchini cubes. If your zucchini is fresh, you don't have to peel it, just cut into little cubes. Simmer the vegetables for 4-5 minutes.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper, and add the freshly chopped thyme. Stir them well and pour continuously the cream.
- Pour approximately 0.8 -1 l water to cover the vegetables and cook them over medium heat for 20 minutes.
- When the zucchini is softened, remove the soup from the oven and pour it in a food processor, process the soup until is smooth.
- Serve the creamy soup with toast cubes and cheese.
Pin it for later!