Try our new zucchini eggplant mushroom lasagna recipe with a lot of cheese! This tasty lasagna is the best choice for dinner if you are vegetarian are just want to eat something full of veggies. The vegetable stew is cooked in 20 minutes, the baking takes only 40 minutes, so your delicious veggie lasagna is on your dinner table in an hour.
- 200 g lasagna noodles
- 100 g smoked cheese
- 3 tablespoons soured cream for brushing
- for the stew:
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup champignon mushroom
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon tarragon (optional)
- for bechamel sauce:
- 50 g butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- white pepper
- Cut the washed zucchini and eggplant in thin slices. Simmer the chopped onion
onhot olive oil, add the zucchini slices and the mushroom, stir it and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the eggplant slices (add the eggplant when the zucchini is almost completely softened, because the eggplant softens very quickly). Season it with salt, pepper. Stir it well and add the other condiments and the crushed garlic.
- When it’s nearly done, add tomato puree and cook it for 3-4 minutes, then put aside.
- Prepare the bechamel sauce: melt the butter in a saucepan, when it’s melted add the flour and stir until is smooth. Cook 5 minutes, until the mixture turns light golden color. Stir in the milk, make sure you stir well, so the sauce doesn’t have lumps. Cook 10 minutes, stirring continuously, season with salt, white pepper and nutmeg, then remove
fromheat. Mix the sauce with the zucchini stew.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 390°F.
- Put a layer of the stew in the bottom of a greased baking tray, then layer the
noodles,brush the noodles with 1 tablespoon soured cream. Layer the stew, the noodles and the soured cream, repeat it. Top off with stew. Sprinkle the top with the grated cheese, make sure to cover the stew completely.
- Bake it covered with foil for 30 minutes, then uncover for 10-12
minutesuntil the cheese is melted.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing.