Crispy and tasty baked zucchini fries, prepared with a healthy vegetable and parmesan cheese, are the best low-fat snack!
With just four ingredients you can prepare the best snack. What do you need? Just zucchini, parmesan, breadcrumbs and eggs.
Cut the zucchini lengthwise in long thin sticks, then bread them: first in egg, then in breadcrumbs + parmesan.
Bake the fries until are golden brown and the perfect veggie snack is ready.
This oven roasted zucchini fries are nutritious and healthy, these fries have 188 calories, 11g of protein, and6g of fat per serving.
The fries are crispy outside and soft inside. Serve them warm with dip.
Diet: vegetarian, sugar-free
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- baking spray
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F.
- Wash the zucchinis, then cut them into quarters lengthwise, if your zucchinis are large, cut them in long and thin sticks. Season the sticks with a pinch of salt.
- In a bowl beat the eggs and in other bowl mix the breadcrumbs with the parmesan, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the courgette sticks in the egg, then dip it in the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure the sticks are covered everywhere with breadcrumb.
- Finally place the zucchini sticks on a baking tray spritzed with non-stick baking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip them and bake for 10 minutes more, until the zucchini sticks are golden brown.
- Serve the crispy sticks warm with cheese dip, yogurt dip or tomato sauce.