The best savoury muffins are zucchini muffins with cheese on top of them. These muffins are easy to prepare, are sugar-free, delicious, perfect party foods or side dishes.
- 200 g flour
- 50 g oatmeal
- 100 g parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium zucchini
- 250 g greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 50 g pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/390°F.
- In a deep bowl pour the flour, combine it with oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, chopped basil leaves, season with a pinch of pepper and salt, finally grate the parmesan cheese into the mixture (leave a tablespoon of cheese
forthe top of the muffin). Stir it well.
- In another bowl beat the eggs, mix with 4 tablespoons of olive oil and greek yogurt. Add the dry mixture spoon by spoon to the egg mixture, stir it well, until the flour mixture is incorporated.
- Grate the unpeeled zucchini, add to the mixture, mix it smoothly, finally add the pine nuts. Pour the batter into prepared muffin cups or in silicon muffin pan. Sprinkle the top with parmesan cheese.
- Put the muffins in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, bake them until the top of the muffins are browned. Let them cool for 5 minutes, before removing
fromcups, serve it warm. Store the zucchini muffins in coolplaces, so the muffins will remain soft for 3-4 days.