My “sneaking veggies into baked goodies” operation still in progress. :) Sunday I prepared oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and shredded zucchini. These cookies are soft and great-tasting.
These great cookies are made with zucchini, oatmeal and chocolate chips. I am chocolate chips fan, so my cookies should not be missing them. Zucchini is a must be in this season, it’s a base to eat cookies/snacks healthier. Furthermore, I’ve added a teaspoon cinnamon to have an extra taste.
The preparation of these healthy cookies takes just 20 minutes and another 20 minutes for baking. The taste of these cookies is amazing, you will feel the taste of the oatmeal, cinnamon and chocolate chips, but you’ll know there is something extra, full with vitamins and potassium.
These tasty cookies with hidden zucchini are perfect healthy snacks or you can eat them for breakfast with a cup of tea or coffee.
Bon appetite to these delicious zucchini oatmeal cookies!
- 150 g (1¼ cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1½ medium peeled shredded zucchini (1½ cups)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 120 g ( ⅔ cup) brown sugar
- 120 g ( ½ cup) white sugar
- 1,5 teaspoons vanilla
- 150 g softened unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 g (1 cup) oatmeal
- 100 g ( ½ cup) chocolate chips
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to180°C/355°F. Grease a cookie sheet or a baking tray.
- Grate the peeled zucchini and squeeze the juice. If your zucchini is large, remove the seeds.
- In a large bowl cream the softened butter and sugar together. Combine it with the egg and vanilla, using a hand mixer.
- In another bowl stir carefully the flour with the cinnamon, baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon by spoon, add the flour into the wet ingredients. Mix it well, until is fully incorporated.
- Stir in the oats.
- Finally, fold in the shredded and drained zucchini, and the chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop the dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Leave 5 cm/ 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies 12-15 minutes until the edge of the cookies are golden.
- Let them cool for 3-5 minutes on the baking sheet, then cool them completely on wire racks.
Pin it for later!