Are you expecting guest and do you want to prepare something quickly? Prepare tasty and showy zucchini pizza bites in just 20 minutes! Everybody will appreciate this healthy zucchini based pizza bites.
This pizza bites are easy to prepare. Slice the zucchini in thin slices, spoon the marinara sauce over top, top it with traditional pizza topping and bake it. That’s it. You may change the marinara sauce and toppings as you want.
The zucchini pizza bites are perfect if you are on diet and don’t want to eat pizza dough.
The recipe of this funny zucchini pizza bites are below!
- 2 large zucchini
- 100 g shredded mozzarella
- 100g mini pepperoni
- 5 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/355°F. Grease or line a baking sheet.
- Cut the washed zucchinis in 1 cm / ½ inch thick round slices. If your zucchini is too slim, for larger slices, slice the zucchini diagonally. Brush both sides of the courgette slices with olive oil, place them on the baking sheet. Broil them in the oven for 5 minutes on each side. You can grill the slices as well, or cook them in a nonstick baking pan.
- Meanwhile prepare the marinate sauce: cook the tomato sauce with crushed garlic, thyme, rosemary, ½ teaspoon oregano, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook it for 5 minutes.
- When the zucchini rounds are ready, brush the tops with the marinate sauce, top it with pepperoni slices and shredded mozzarella. Sprinkle the top with oregano. Feel free to top the pizza bites with chopped tomato, onion, mushroom or olives.
- Place the zucchini pizza bites in the oven, broil them for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Serve it immediately with your favourite topping.