Would you try a new, healthier pizza recipe? Try our zucchini pizza boats! Instead of bread crust, prepare zucchini pizza base, top it with tasty toppings and enjoy!
To prepare these tasty zucchini pizza boats you just need a few ingredients: for the pizza base zucchini and for the pizza topping: pepperoni, onion, garlic tomato sauce and of course cheese.
It’s easy to prepare and is ready in just half an hour. It takes just 15 minutes to prepare, if you are using preprepared marinade sauce, it’s just 7 minutes and 20 minutes to bake.
Hmm, it looks good, isn’t it? And are delicious too. Just spoon the marinade sauce on the boats, sprinkle the tops with onion, pepperoni/frankfurter slices and cheese. I topped the pizza with thin frankfurter slices because I didn’t find pepperoni in the store. The pizza boats with frankfurter were as the same delicious as with pepperoni. Feel free to top your zucchini pizza base with your favourite pizza toppings.
The baked zucchini pizza boats have an amazing flavour. If you are sceptic about the pizza crust, don’t be, the zucchini base is soft and has a neutral flavour. Just try it, your family won’t be disappointed.
- 6 small zucchinis
- 200 g pepperoni slices or frankfurter slices
- 200 g mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F. Grease a baking tray or line it with parchment paper.
- Pour the tomato sauce
intoa pan and cook it for 8-10 minutes, add the minced garlic and season it with salt, pepper, oregano and thyme.
- Meanwhile the tomato sauce is cooking, cut the washed zucchinis in half lengthwise. If the zucchini is not fresh, scrap the seeds out of them. Place the zucchini boats on the prepared baking tray.
- Scoop the tomato sauce in the zucchini boats, leaving a small rim near edges uncoated. Top the boats with pepperoni slices and with chopped onion. Sprinkle tops with mozzarella. I topped the pizza boats with thin frankfurter slices because I didn’t find pepperoni in the store.
- Place the zucchini pizzas in the oven and bake them for 17-20 minutes. When the pizza
boatsare ready, remove from oven and sprinkle with oregano, serve immediately.