Fried cheesy vegetarian zucchini “meatballs”. These amazing crunchy zucchini balls are perfect for afternoon snacks, picnic food and they could make a delicious meat-free dinner as well.
Fried vegetarian zucchini balls loaded with fresh zucchini and cheese. If you desire some delicious veggie balls and have an excess of zucchini, it’s a perfect recipe for you.
Tasty little meatless meatballs made with zucchini, garlic, breadcrumbs, eggs, cheese and a bunch of fresh parsley. You’ll need some sunflower or vegetable oil to fry these vegetarian meatballs. This recipe makes 14-16 walnut size balls.
Just grate the unpeeled zucchini, squeeze it and mix it well with the breadcrumbs, beaten eggs, garlic and spices. When all ingredients are well combined, form the mixture into little balls in your hand, stuff them with cheese and fry them in hot oil.
Serve the zucchini balls warm with tomato sauce and pasta or as appetizer with a dip. These balls are great for picnic or in your school/work lunchbox.
These zucchini balls are easy and simple to prepare, rolling them is a great fun, frying them is quick and the result is amazing. :) These tasty little veggie balls could be a family favorite – we adore them warm and cold, with and without dip and the best past is: the balls have cheese stuffed in them. If you eat the balls warm, you’ll see the sticky cheese inside the meatballs. Enjoy!
Diet: vegetarian, nut-free, sugar free
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 egg
- 170 g breadcrumbs
- 50 g cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
- 250 ml oil
- Grate a washed and unpeeled zucchini using a cheese grater, then put it aside in a colander, to get rid of the excess water.
- Cut the cheese into little cubs, or you can use grated cheese as well.
- Beat one egg, combine it with the breadcrumbs, crushed garlic and the squeezed zucchini. Season the mixture with the parsley and salt and pepper to taste. If the batter is too wet and sticky, add more breadcrumbs until the mixture is easily shapeable. Stuff the cheese cubs inside the balls.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Form the zucchini mixture into little balls, rolling them in your hand. Place the balls into the hot oil and fry them for 5-7 minutes, rolling them on all sides.
- Remove the zucchini balls on a kitchen towel when are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
Pin it for later!
Looking for similar recipes? Check these out!