I’m waiting so much for spring, I miss the good weather, I’m craving for the long walks and wild flowers, so I had to make spring atmosphere in my home. I bought tulips and I decided to bake a beautiful, easy and light tart, which could be a perfect, fresh spring dish. So here is what made my day better: a large sheet of zucchini and feta puff pastry tart.
All the ingredients you need for this beautiful tart are: one ready-rolled puff pastry, one zucchini, feta cheese, sour cream, garlic, butter and some spices. These ingredients are cheap, just grab them from your local shop and from these you can make this tasty special tart.
This savoury tart is easy to prepare, is ready in 35 minutes and also is delicious, as it looks. This simple and fresh tart makes a great light vegetarian dinner or breakfast also this pastry tart can be served as a great party food.
Even if this delish zucchini tart is usually a summer dish, if you prepare it now in these rainy days, will definitely bring spring into your home! Enjoy!
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Slice the zucchini into thin slices using a vegetable peeler. Season the slices with a pinch of salt and black pepper and stir it carefully with one teaspoon lemon juice. Set it aside, until preparing the puff pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ 390°F. Line a parchment paper in a large baking pan. Unroll the puff pastry and place it in the baking sheet. Using a knife score a line about 1 cm/ ¼ inch from the edge of the pastry to create a border, but don't let your knife cut through the pastry.
- Prick the pastry all over using a fork. Melt one tablespoon butter, then brush the pastry with it.
- Crumble the feta cheese and stir it with one tablespoon sour cream and one glove of crushed garlic. Season with a pinch of salt. Spread the feta mixture evenly on the pastry.
- Arrange the zucchini ribbons over the feta in two lines. Brush the top of the zucchini with the rest of the melted butter.
- Place the tart in the preheated oven, bake it for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 170°C/ 340°F and bake it for another 15 minutes until risen and golden.
- Serve it warm.
Pin it for later!