Do you wish a simple vegetarian dinner? Try this recipe! Serve the zucchini balls with salad or rice. The melted cheese inside the balls will charm the hungry family!
First just grate the zucchini with a cheese grater. Squeeze the juice before mixing with the eggs.
When the courgette is combined with egg and breadcrumb, is seasoned, roll them into little balls, adding a cheese cube inside.
Fry the zucchini balls in olive oil, until are golden brown.
If you are interested how to prepare this little cheesy zucchini balls, just read the recipe for 4 servings below.
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 eggs
- 300 g breadcrumb
- 100 g cheese
- dried marjoram
- 0,4 l oil
- Peel the washed zucchinis and grate them on
cheesegrater, on the large holes. Season with salt and put aside in strainer a for 4-5 minutes, until the juice drips off.
- Mix the grated courgette with the eggs, pepper, marjoram and breadcrumb. If the mixture us too juicy add more breadcrumb.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Meanwhile the oil is frying, cut the cheese in
- Spoon a little of the mixture of zucchini into your palm, put a cheese
cubein the middle of the ball and roll them into a small ball. Roll the balls into breadcrumb. Instead of breadcrumb, you can use crushed oatmeal, so the rolls will be crispy.
- Put the rolls in hot oil and fry them for 4-5 minutes, until golden.
- Take them on a paper towel and serve them immediately.