Are you bored of the average bread? Try this healthy zucchini bread. The warm courgette bread is excellent for breakfast, spread with butter and jam.
- 3 eggs
- 300 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1,5 teaspoons baking powder
- 350 g flour
- 100 g nuts
- 100g raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 0,2 l oil
- 400 g peeled grated zucchini (from 2 medium zucchinis)
- butter for greasing the baking pan
Let's get started!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/360°F.
- In a large bowl mix the 3 whole eggs with the sugar, vanilla sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and oil. Use
electricwhisk to the mixture become foamy. Then add the grated zucchini and the flour. Stir thoroughly. Mix the raisins with the chopped nuts and with 1 tablespoon flour, this way the raisins and nuts won’t be just in the bottom of the bread, finally add them to the mixture. Stir it well with a teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Brush two loaf pans with butter and
pourthe mixture intothe pans. Put the pans in the oven. Bake the breads for 10 minutes in 180°C/360°F, then set the oven to 160°C/320°F and bake for 50 minutes. It is ready when the center is springy and when you insert a toothpick it should come out easily.
- When the bread is ready, take out from oven, cover it with a clean kitchen towel and let it cool off for 15 minutes.
- The zucchini bread slices could be served with butter or/and jam.